The Strand
12:00pm - 3:05pm
* ‘Force 10’ Air Force Band Performance
* ADF Precision Drill Team display
* ‘Force 10’ Air Force Band Performance
* The Air Force ‘Roulettes’ Display Team – PC9


* UH-1H Iroquois (Huey) helicopter

* P2-V Neptune (Maritime patrol - historic aircraft)

* USAF C-17 Globemaster display


* C182 + Skydivers
* Sea Cat Seaplane (Red Baron)

3:05pm – 3:10pm
BREAK
3:10pm - 6:45pm
* Virgin Airlines Embraer 190
* USAF ‘Thunderbirds’ formation display – F-16 Fighting Falcon







* USAF KC-10 (Strategic Air Refuelling Tanker)
* C-130 – Hercules (Strategic and Tactical Transport)


* F-111 Ardvaark (Long- range Strike)


* F/A-18 Hornets (Air Superiority and Ground Attack Fighter)


* Army CH-60 Blackhawk

* CH-47 Chinook/MRH-90
(note guy sitting on front step waving)
(note guy sitting in open back bay waving)

wetting everyone
The Chinook, Blackhawk and the newly purchased helicopter

* ADF Precision Drill Team
* ‘Force 10’ Air Force Band Performance
6:45pm 2 x F-111 ‘ Dump And Burn’
Prior To Commencement of Fireworks


The RAAF Base Open Day- September 27, 2009
F1-11
Chinook (my favourite helicopter)
Hawk 127
FA-18
USAF KC-10 Strategic Air Refuelling Tanker
Globemaster
Hercules
Thunderbirds




Roulettes


Fire that stooped us on the way home
8 comments:
Cool pictures ergo, especially the fireworks, their colors just pop right out
hi I could never do anything like this
thank you! :]
Love the pictures. I told you how loud it was gonna be. LOL
The pic of the fire reminds me of the year we were in Colorado and they were having terrible wild fires.
Glad you had a great time!!!!
Hiya Ergo. Great pics.
Those guys flying formation remind me of our British Red Arrows, h used have you heard of them?
Mum and Dad used to take us to our local air show at RAF Finningly when we were little. I remember seeing concord for the first time.
Thanks for this blog sweetie cos it has brought back lots of happy memeories for me xxxxxxx
memories even duh!
Hello Ergo!!!! Once again, fantastic photos!!!
I really love those Thunderbirds and Hornets! And, I do believe I see a picture of you standing right next to one of those 'men in uniform'. Ummm, hmmm... I see that big smile! Am I supposed to believe there was NO FLIRTING involved?! NONE, whatsoever? Ummm, hmmm...
;)
I'm so glad you had such a great weekend!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!
Hugs and Love,
Wendy
PS: The fireworks are gorgeous!
you have a favorite helicopter? *hee*
the blue angels (our equivilant from the air force) would put on a show once a year in seattle, and there would be warnings on the newscasts several days prior...the only place the pilots could rehearse tok them over several of the major highways, and they were a hazard! people had to be reminded not to be distracted, every year.
but i was always a passenger, so i could look, and it's amazing what those people can do with those machines. these pictures reminded me of all those crazy moves!
glad you had a great time. :)
Post a Comment