Sharp outlines
begin to blur
as shadows lengthen.
Colours lose their lustre,
tone,
and finally become
shades of grey.
Sounds soften
birdsong ceases
to be replaced
by the nocturnal chorus.
The breeze
gently rusles leaves
and feathers
fluffed for warmth.
Sound travels further
unencumbered
by the unseen obstacles
of the days atmosphere.
Secrets hidden
for the time
though other
mysteries
become more pronounced.
There is a book
"Tom's Midnight Garden"
which I loved
The night fascinates
it holds no fear for me.
I feel blessed that way.
It envelops
and its cool calmness
smooths over
the frenetic activity
of the day.
It is a time to mellow
to relfect
and to dream.
3 comments:
I'm sitting on a rock beside a pond watching stars dance through the sky while hearing the wind's songs.
You put me there, in a place I adore and I thank you immensely.
night's always such a magical time for me, and you describe all the little ways day changes over into night so perfectly, it's like watching the transition for myself. i can tell just from that alone that you really are a lover of the night!
Thank you, Ergo! (or should I say fellow lover of night?)
I could feel the hush, and see th light fading. Can I stay in your poem for a while? :)
Post a Comment